Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I'm losing my mind...

So, already I'm falling behind keeping up with my Sunday posts...AND it's getting harder and harder to keep up with all this "do-good" stuff!  Thank goodness I started early and I still have time...

Today has been a particularly challenging day and I'm feeling like I'm losing the battle of being a "good" Mom...actually, I lost that battle awhile ago, now I'm losing the battle for "staying on top of important things" Mom.  I'm hoping my children are still too young to notice and I have hope for getting back up to "pretty good" Mom.  Today, my dear hubby realized (yes, he realized...not me) that our oldest has his end of the year concert for strings on the same day as my middle child is making his 1st Communion!!  Of all the weekends that these 2 events could happen, they have to be on the same day and at the same time!  Seriously!?!  But the real question is why did I not catch this??  Do I have a planner...no.  Do I have a calendar...yes, several.  Obviously, not working for me.  I bought a planner to keep my "List of 40 tasks" straight and scheduled, but I've misplaced it :/  I replaced my wall calendar with 2 white board calendars (so my hubby could see things planned 2 months ahead of time) but apparently, I'm forgetting to put things on there.  Ugh...
MUST GET ORGANIZED!!  No, correction...must get things in order and then find a way to stay on top of it all!  We're not even that busy as a family yet...what's going to happen when I have one child playing a sport, while the other is at a gymnastics meet and the other one is at a birthday party!?  I'm in trouble...

On the flip side (really need some positives right now!), I went through my clothes and am actually able to clothes my drawers now.  I found that I may have a problem though...I have 22 tank tops.  Is this normal??  And I couldn't get rid of any of them?  Also, there were only 2 white ones and the rest were completely different colors.  My name is Mary and I am a tank-aholic.  Admitting the problem is the 1st step...making room in my drawers for them all is the 2nd and that is done!

Went to the doctor this week to get my feet looked at...plantar fascitis is not fun.  I have it in both feet and am still in pain after getting shots in my heels and wearing a super cool boot to bed (see pix).  I go back tomorrow and kind of wish I had never gone  because it's not any better.  This is why I don't go to the doctor!  Also, thought I had a dentist appt. today, but I walked in and they said they were expecting me Thursday!  Yes, another notch in that belt of inadequacy!  So, I go back tomorrow for my feet (ouch) and then we'll try the dentist again on Thursday.  Can't wait!

I did keep my desk clean this week and got all our bills out on-time for this month... yay, me!  I also used a couple more gift cards...think I only have about 6 left.  Yay, me!  Signed up for my 1st 5k of the season...the Cincinnati Chocolate 5k!  Yum...will run for chocolate!  Can't think of a better reason to run...I'll be doing it with my 2 older sons so that should be a great morning.  Especially, if my feet continue to be an issue...OUCH!  I'm sure the chocolate will help though.  

I think that's about all I've done on my list...really not chipping away at any of the good ones.  Although, I've decided to change the yoga one (way too expensive and my trial month ends this week) and replace it with organizing all the pictures I have on several sights.  Time to go through and either print them, delete them or at least get them all in one spot.  

For now, I'm going to go and put on a tank top and look for my planner.  Then, the world will be good once again.  As for me...I'm a work-in-progress!!





No comments:

Post a Comment