Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pulling the plug...

When I had the idea of doing a "countdown" blog, I never imagined it would make things as stressful as they've become!?  I suppose we are our own worse critics and I was afraid by not doing something big, I was letting myself down (you only hit big milestones once!)  But now, instead of motivating me, my 40 tasks have overcome my living and I need to step back, take a deep breath, and see what's going on around me as "enough".

I just ordered my new planner and as I was deciding which one to get, one stuck out above all the rest.  It said...

"Sometimes we're all too quick to countdown the days that we forget to make the days count."  It was a sign.  Time to pull the plug.  

I am so worried about checking off my list, that I'm not enjoying the days or the stuff going on around me!  My awesome big sis brought me my birthday present a couple weekends ago...starting on Aug. 21st (40 days til the big day), I get to open 1 gift each day!  How incredible is that...I get to celebrate the last 40 days of my 30's and make them count.  She gets it...(probably because she's older and wiser!)




I'm not giving up completely, however, I'll get done what I can and the rest will wait until the time is right.  Maybe I'll get the list done by the time I turn 41?  Or 50!?  No pressure...it's time to enjoy what I have in front of me and know I'm doing the best I can.  

For now, I choose to make these days count!!  See you September 29th!!

1 comment: